Paige Paterson

Paige Paterson

Monday, September 16, 2013

Japan - First race session update

Konichiwa!

I’m back in Japan and almost half way through my time here, which seems crazy! I am here with Becky James from Great Brittan and we are having an awesome time so far!

Princess's with Samurai Kouta-san at Odawara castle. Kouta-san is a top class Mens Keirin Rider here in Japan!
With our sashimi Boat
The first week consisted of Japan Keirin School, where we learnt the history of the Japan Keirin and the rules and regulations so that we were fit for racing. This week concluded with 4 qualification exams before we trained off to Tokyo for the presentation of our Keirin liscenses. We got in some good training during the week and enjoyed spending some time with the International Keirin Men who were also in town.

Here is some footage of the press conference including me speaking some Japanese 
J http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WHYMOHKOY&list=UUegk3J4bbvR1po_qBw-_WWg

With the International Boys - we ate some tounge, stomach and heart for dinner!

Training at school
Warm down chats with Becky

Our first racing session was this week at Matsudo velodrome. I had fond memories of this velodrome and I started off well again this time. In the first two qualifying races, I placed 2nd consecutively to put myself in a good position for the final. These were my best results in Japan to date! However the final didn't go as planned for me, but I have learnt a lot from it to take forward to next weeks racing. My partner in crime Becky, finished off the job nicely to take the win!



Facing the Media in Matsudo Velodrome Day 1
Matsudo Final - Check out the NZ flag on my sleeve!
Our new Japan Girls Keirin friends :) So lovely!

For more photos and videos of my time here in Japan, please visit http://instagram.com/paigepato

A big week of training ahead before our next race on the 21st of September!




Paige 



P.S. If you would like more details of my experience during Japan Keirin racing, please see my first blog in March 2013.  







2 comments:

  1. Business coaching has become a very popular topic of discussion for many people starting out in business today.
    There also many people out there that call themselves business coaches that really don't have any idea on how to coach someone in business
    . This article will tell you what to look for in a good coach.
    For more information visit- Coach Mannheim

    ReplyDelete