Paige Paterson

Paige Paterson

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Early 2014 Update

Hi everyone



It’s been a full throttle start to the year for me, relocated from Auckland, nationals prep, instructor qualifications and most importantly have got used to the new Velodrome (named the Avantidrome http://www.avantidrome.co.nz/ ) here in my new backyard, Cambridge.

As a BikeNZ carded athlete it was expected of us to move close to the new "Home of Cycling" Avantidrome. For me this no longer meant I would be able to call Auckland home and it was time to start a new chapter in my cycling career down in Cambridge. Recently I got accredited through the Avantidrome and with the new Gym and athlete lounge now up and running, it means there’s a nice place to relax in between sessions.

Its awesome to have all the Cycling disciplines in such a small town along side Rowing NZ and Triathlon NZ already based here. The atmosphere in the town is electric with so many athletes coming and going. Its a nice town to be in.
 
Summer BBQ at our flat


I am in a flatting situation here in Cambridge which made the move an easy one with the house being all set up on arrival. Thankfully as I have been busy doing an "instructors" course at the Avantidrome which made life busy. It’s been a load of fun taking people of all ages up on the boards, adding an enjoyment factor to my training week. In early Jan, I ventured down to Wanganui for some racing with the NZ team and showed some good form and managed to win all the races I entered. Since being in Cambridge I have seen large improvements in my powers so I’m really excited to see where I will be this time next year.
 
Chuffed with my Wanganui Keirin win


I have been lucky enough to score an awesome part-time barista job at a French Café in town, which happens to use "All Press" coffee beans. If you know me at all, you will know that’s a dream come true so I absolutely love it!
 
Our little French café :)


The New Zealand Elite Track Nationals were on over the weekend. For me it was mixed with highs and lows but overall I am happy with how I performed. I did a huge personal best in my 500m Time Trial and also came away with 2 Bronze medals on the first day. Unfortunately I had a tumble on the second day and injured my shoulder, leaving me in a sling. It was a tough decision to pull the pin on the rest of the competition; nothing is harder than sitting in the stands watching my favorite event pass in front of me. I guess it will add fuel to training in the weeks to come. A huge thank you to all my friends and family who came down and supported me, it was great to see all of you enjoying the exciting racing at the Avantidrome.
During my 500m Time Trial

The 250m Time Trial Podium

I would like to send a huge thank you to Rapha (http://www.rapha.cc) for a care package I received the week before Nationals. I have been a long time fan of Rapha clothing since being involved with cycling and am over the moon to say they will be supporting me with gear to train in, in 2014. Riding in the ‘Rolls Royce’ kit feels fantastic and is quite inspirational.


Taking the new Rapha kit for a spin

 
To those supporters and sponsors that have sent well wishes and emails of support I say thank you! To all those avid followers please do click on my sponsors links and have a look and what they offer as its these people that keep me following my dreams.
 
It's a waiting game for me to find out where and what is on the horizon moving forward. I am sure I will hear in the coming weeks and have some questions answered regarding Commonwealth Games, Carding and Race Schedules. But for now, its time to relax and enjoy a week with family and friends back home.





Paige xx

 


1 comment:

  1. obat wasir
    After I read the information from this forum that you provide the information relevant and important to be learned thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete